To create a Custom Card Approval Workflow:
- Open up the Spend Management menu
- Select the Custom Workflows option within the menu
- Click Create New Workflow
- Enter the name of the workflow
- Select a trigger to start the workflow - when these conditions have been met, the export process will begin.
- Card expense report complete
- You may then choose to add a filter as additional conditions to trigger the workflow (optional)
- Amount is
- Less than
- Equal to
- Greater then
- Budget include
- Users include
- Amount is
- Select an action for the system to process once the conditions are met
- Approver is
- Export to accounting software
- Multiple filters and actions can be created by clicking on Add a filter or Add another action; this will allow you to set up multiple approvers
- Click Create and set live
- Confirm the pop up which informs you that “This will activate the workflow immediately and apply to any new activity that meets this workflow’s criteria.” by clicking Create
Below are a few examples of how Card Expense Export workflows can be used:
The following set-up will send an approval request to Mark Brown to check once all fields have been completed on the transaction. Mark Brown will need to approve the transaction before the transaction will be exported to the accounting software.
In the following example, once all fields have been completed for a transaction that is from the Office Equipment budget, is made by the employee James McDaniel and the transaction amount is over $100; this will need to go through a two-step approval process before it is exported to the accounting software. First, the approval will go to Mark Brown; if Mark Brown approves the budget, it will then go to Joseph Ramos for the final approval before the transaction will be exported.