Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an extra layer of security for your Weel account and is mandatory for all accounts. 2FA is a combination of your username, password and a one-time authentication code sent to your mobile phone via SMS.
When is 2FA required?
2FA is required for the following actions:
- Logging in to your Weel account.
- Changing your personal details (name, email address or phone number).
- Inviting new users to your Weel business account.
- Creating, editing or deleting a custom user role.
- Adding or changing your reimbursement bank account details.
- Removing active and pending users from your Weel business account.
How do I use 2FA?
- When you perform one of the above actions, you will automatically be prompted to perform two-factor authentication.
- Press confirm to receive a SMS on the phone number associated with your account.
- Enter the 6-digit code sent to your phone via SMS or accessible in your authenticator app.
- Click submit.
- If you have entered the correct code, you will be able to proceed.
Things to remember
- Never share your 2FA code with anyone. Weel Customer Support will never ask for your code.
- After being verified, you will stay verified for 30 minutes and will not be prompted to verify again during this period.
- Each 2FA code is unique and expires after a few minutes. If your code expires, repeat the action and you will be able to request a new code.